How does an administrator install WorkScape using regular installation?
When WorkScape is installed with regular installation, the program is visible to the employee on his or her computer and the employee can start and stop monitoring and open and close the program.
To install WorkScape using regular installation, follow these steps:
- Download the WorkScape setup program WorkScapeSetup.exe and copy it to a network location. See the FAQ How do I download WorkScape?
- Go to an employee's computer.
- Use Windows Explorer to locate WorkScapeSetup.exe in its network location.
- Copy WorkScapeSetup.exe to local drive C:\.
- Open (run) WorkScapeSetup.exe located on drive C:\ and follow the steps presented by the the setup program. Installation may take several minutes.
- When the installation and setup complete, click Close to close the setup program. The WorkScape client starts running automatically and the Log into your account dialog opens.
- Log in to your account by entering your administrator's email and password and clicking Login.
- Click Start monitoring. Then close the Log into your account dialog. The WorkScape icon appears in the system tray and monitoring is started.
Logs generated by this installation of WorkScape will be discarded unless this computer is assigned to a license. See the FAQ How do I add a computer to monitor?
With regular installation, an employee can use the WorkScape icon to start and stop monitoring and to open and close WorkScape.
Watch the video How to do regular installation as administrator: